According to the Hispanic Equity Report at UT Austin, Latino employees and students experience vast inequalities around student enrollments, disparities in employee compensation, the lack of diversity in positions of leadership, and more. This webinar sparks the discussion to formulate a strategy to address Latina/o Equity in higher education as a partnership with LULAC, the Texas Center for Education Policy (TCEP) at The University of Texas at Austin, and local organizations, including the National Latina/o Education Research and Policy Project (NLERAPP). The Independent Equity Committee at the University of Texas at Austin has proposed to extend the Latina/o equity initiative to other colleges and universities in Texas and California. Together, our aim is to build a national campaign and develop a plan of action for equity assessment policies in higher education.
Date: Tuesday, October 13
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET / 1:00 p.m. CT / 12:00 p.m. MT / 11:00 a.m. PT
Place A confirmation email with the link to participate in the virtual webinar will be sent to you. Please review your spam folder in case you do not see it in your inbox.
• Domingo Garcia, LULAC National President
• Dr. Barbara Flores, CEO and Chair, National Latino/a Education Research and Policy Project
• Angela Valenzuela, Ph.D., Director, TCEP
• Dr. Emilio Zamora, Ph.D., Professor of History, UT Austin
• Dr. Nora de Hoyos Comstock, Ph.D., Board of Trustees, Austin Community College
• Alberto A. Martínez, Ph.D., Professor of History, UT Austin
[Text by LULAC]